St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church


The present church building was erected in 1899 and dedicated on December 3, 1899. The cost of the building was $6,000. On August 13, 1933, a pipe organ, costing $1,325, and a newly decorated church were dedicated. In the autumn of 1933, the basement of St. John's Church was excavated, all the work being done by members of the church. On August 14, 1952, a tornado completely destroyed the church steeple. The Jarvis Construction Co. of Salina, Ks. rebuilt the steeple. In 1955, the church interior was again renovated and redecorated. Several items such as candelabra, cross, Agenda, pulpit Bible, and flood lights were given by individual members. In 1957, the property again recieved a "face lifting." This time the parsonage kitchen and utility room were added and a new garage and barn built.

Click here to return to St. John's home page