St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church
The present church building was erected in 1899 and dedicated on
December 3, 1899. The cost of the building was $6,000. On August 13,
1933, a pipe organ, costing $1,325, and a newly decorated church were
dedicated. In the autumn of 1933, the basement of St. John's Church was
excavated, all the work being done by members of the church. On August
14, 1952, a tornado completely destroyed the church steeple. The Jarvis
Construction Co. of Salina, Ks. rebuilt the steeple. In 1955, the church
interior was again renovated and redecorated.
Several items such as candelabra, cross, Agenda, pulpit Bible, and flood
lights were given by individual members. In 1957, the property again
recieved a "face lifting." This time the parsonage kitchen and utility
room were added and a new garage and barn built.
Click here to return to St. John's home page